Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a day in the life of

Well, I tried to document a whole day of our lives but things got too busy and I didn't take pictures past naptime. Woops!

7:15ISH wake up. Groggily put something together for breakfast for these sweet munchkins.Today it was almond waffles (Kevin's makes huge batches and freezes them for convenience. I love him.) and brown rice cake with almond butter and Ruby had "healthy" cheerios. (they basically just have real ingredients.)


I have a class at the gym Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri at 8:45am. I seem to be making about one of those a week here lately and just doing home workouts or nothing. I am always so torn about rallying the troops to get up and going and making it to a certain place at a certain time.  I would do HORRIBLE with public schooling. Praise the Lord for homeschool. They're tired! I feel so bad rushing them in the mornings. I want the mornings to be peaceful and slow-going for them. But I LOVE starting off the day with a workout, I have so much more energy and all those endorphins does a mama good.


8:20am Ruby's job is to empty the table after every meal. She is ALWAYS really good about her own dish, but she's still working on everyone else's.


Monday the kids won and we stayed home and had a slow going morning, but today (Tues) I was determined to get to class.

8:45am- class

I absolutely love these classes. They are different every time. Fun, challenging, and actually work. These ladies are like a little family and it's cool to get to be a part of. (My instructor is the one to the right of me, if you couldn't tell by her arms.)


Our gym has a childcare room and I feel bad dropping them off and when I pick them up every.single.time.
I obviously have some mommy guilt when it comes to working out at the gym! I'm sure I need to get over it. It just seems so trivial to be like "I'm gonna drop you off in this room that smells like pee and they're playing cartoons I don't allow you to watch and even though you're crying (nora), mommy wants a tight butt, so...goodbye! good luck!"


But then again, Ruby loves it (most days) and Nora has pretty much stopped crying all together. It must be because she's familiar with the whole routine now. And it's only one hour. And again, it's not like we go 4 times a week like I'd like to. But most importantly, Kevin said not to feel bad, and to do it and enjoy it and that's that. Sigh. He always makes me feel better. If he says so, I know so.


9:45am - We walked out of the gym, endorphins high and no plans and the day was beautiful. A girl from class mentioned the splash pad was open for the season! It was a no-brainer. Called my sister and said meet me there in about 30mins.

10:00am - run home to pack a lunch for the park. Today was brown rice crackers, tuna and avocado salad (made with grapeseed oil vegenaise), carrot sticks, and apple slices.


If you know my family at all you will just associate this raw mixed nuts snack with our faces. We ALWAYS have them with us. I panic if I'm out somewhere and get hungry. I hate being hungry!




 10:45am - splash park with cousins! Trying to tan our wintered skin...



12:00pm - come home from park. lunch has been eaten. we're sun-kissed and wiped out (yes!) and ready for naps.



from this point on I took no pictures...sorry!... (next time)

12:30pm - actually laid them down
12:30-1:30pm - I uploaded pictures, picked up a TINY bit, got on the Internet, etc. aka wasted time
1:30-2:30pm - I actually took a nap! I hardly ever do just because, actually, I don't know why. But today, I did. I completely skipped out on all my work and napped.

The rest of the afternoon was
girls woke up
got them snacks
I took a shower for the first time...
cleaned my salon
made second cup of coffee for the day
5:00pm Kevin gets home
5:15pm my first client shows up
then the next one
and I work them both (color and cut) at the same time.
at 8:15pm I'm done
come into the house and Ruby is running a high fever and the house is still a total pit (because remember, I did nothing house-work related this day:):) )
Kevin's made dinner. Grass-fed burgers and sweet potato fries.
I scarf it down and then go snuggle Ruby on the couch.
I read a few library books to the girls, who are way past their bed times, and Kevin cleans the kitchen.

9:30pm - Ruby asks if she can please sleep with us and if I could go and lay down in there with her and just talk for a little bit.
My heart melts and I say yes without a doubt.

Kevin stays up with a wide-awake ornery, HAPPY Nora and I'm shocked we've let her stay up so late.
10:00pm I hear them laughing so hard in the bathroom while he's brushing her teeth and then I hear him put her to bed.

11:00pm - I finally close my eyes and try to fall asleep, wired from a too-late cup of coffee and I always find it hard to sleep when my house is a mess. But I've done this thing long enough to know that there's always tomorrow. (and today is that "tomorrow" and I got the house clean so all is well:) )

*Ruby and I woke up several times throughout the night to help her potty/give her cool water.
She woke up this morning 100%! Her body did it's awesome thing with no medicine or interventions. Fevers are actually a good thing - let the body burn up the sickness! (obviously to a certain degree/length/etc.)

Today is a no-gym day so it works out well to play around the house and get housework done.
Church is tonight which is always a late night.
Then tomorrow morning, back at it, 8:45...we'll see if we can make it!!


1 comment:

JMKiehn said...

This is so real, so precious, so you. Love you Jessica Kiehn.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a day in the life of

Well, I tried to document a whole day of our lives but things got too busy and I didn't take pictures past naptime. Woops!

7:15ISH wake up. Groggily put something together for breakfast for these sweet munchkins.Today it was almond waffles (Kevin's makes huge batches and freezes them for convenience. I love him.) and brown rice cake with almond butter and Ruby had "healthy" cheerios. (they basically just have real ingredients.)


I have a class at the gym Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri at 8:45am. I seem to be making about one of those a week here lately and just doing home workouts or nothing. I am always so torn about rallying the troops to get up and going and making it to a certain place at a certain time.  I would do HORRIBLE with public schooling. Praise the Lord for homeschool. They're tired! I feel so bad rushing them in the mornings. I want the mornings to be peaceful and slow-going for them. But I LOVE starting off the day with a workout, I have so much more energy and all those endorphins does a mama good.


8:20am Ruby's job is to empty the table after every meal. She is ALWAYS really good about her own dish, but she's still working on everyone else's.


Monday the kids won and we stayed home and had a slow going morning, but today (Tues) I was determined to get to class.

8:45am- class

I absolutely love these classes. They are different every time. Fun, challenging, and actually work. These ladies are like a little family and it's cool to get to be a part of. (My instructor is the one to the right of me, if you couldn't tell by her arms.)


Our gym has a childcare room and I feel bad dropping them off and when I pick them up every.single.time.
I obviously have some mommy guilt when it comes to working out at the gym! I'm sure I need to get over it. It just seems so trivial to be like "I'm gonna drop you off in this room that smells like pee and they're playing cartoons I don't allow you to watch and even though you're crying (nora), mommy wants a tight butt, so...goodbye! good luck!"


But then again, Ruby loves it (most days) and Nora has pretty much stopped crying all together. It must be because she's familiar with the whole routine now. And it's only one hour. And again, it's not like we go 4 times a week like I'd like to. But most importantly, Kevin said not to feel bad, and to do it and enjoy it and that's that. Sigh. He always makes me feel better. If he says so, I know so.


9:45am - We walked out of the gym, endorphins high and no plans and the day was beautiful. A girl from class mentioned the splash pad was open for the season! It was a no-brainer. Called my sister and said meet me there in about 30mins.

10:00am - run home to pack a lunch for the park. Today was brown rice crackers, tuna and avocado salad (made with grapeseed oil vegenaise), carrot sticks, and apple slices.


If you know my family at all you will just associate this raw mixed nuts snack with our faces. We ALWAYS have them with us. I panic if I'm out somewhere and get hungry. I hate being hungry!




 10:45am - splash park with cousins! Trying to tan our wintered skin...



12:00pm - come home from park. lunch has been eaten. we're sun-kissed and wiped out (yes!) and ready for naps.



from this point on I took no pictures...sorry!... (next time)

12:30pm - actually laid them down
12:30-1:30pm - I uploaded pictures, picked up a TINY bit, got on the Internet, etc. aka wasted time
1:30-2:30pm - I actually took a nap! I hardly ever do just because, actually, I don't know why. But today, I did. I completely skipped out on all my work and napped.

The rest of the afternoon was
girls woke up
got them snacks
I took a shower for the first time...
cleaned my salon
made second cup of coffee for the day
5:00pm Kevin gets home
5:15pm my first client shows up
then the next one
and I work them both (color and cut) at the same time.
at 8:15pm I'm done
come into the house and Ruby is running a high fever and the house is still a total pit (because remember, I did nothing house-work related this day:):) )
Kevin's made dinner. Grass-fed burgers and sweet potato fries.
I scarf it down and then go snuggle Ruby on the couch.
I read a few library books to the girls, who are way past their bed times, and Kevin cleans the kitchen.

9:30pm - Ruby asks if she can please sleep with us and if I could go and lay down in there with her and just talk for a little bit.
My heart melts and I say yes without a doubt.

Kevin stays up with a wide-awake ornery, HAPPY Nora and I'm shocked we've let her stay up so late.
10:00pm I hear them laughing so hard in the bathroom while he's brushing her teeth and then I hear him put her to bed.

11:00pm - I finally close my eyes and try to fall asleep, wired from a too-late cup of coffee and I always find it hard to sleep when my house is a mess. But I've done this thing long enough to know that there's always tomorrow. (and today is that "tomorrow" and I got the house clean so all is well:) )

*Ruby and I woke up several times throughout the night to help her potty/give her cool water.
She woke up this morning 100%! Her body did it's awesome thing with no medicine or interventions. Fevers are actually a good thing - let the body burn up the sickness! (obviously to a certain degree/length/etc.)

Today is a no-gym day so it works out well to play around the house and get housework done.
Church is tonight which is always a late night.
Then tomorrow morning, back at it, 8:45...we'll see if we can make it!!


1 comment:

JMKiehn said...

This is so real, so precious, so you. Love you Jessica Kiehn.