Wednesday, April 30, 2014

nora truth




NORA GIRL YOU CRACK ME UP. Ain't nobody like Nora Truth.
You have an uncanny ability to drive me mad one second, then melt into a puddle of mushy love the next. How do you do that??


very seriously putting on lip balm like mom

She is tough, she is determined, she does not care what you think of her.



I guess when you name someone "truth"....she gon' tell it like it is.

she insists on wearing panties outside her diaper these days

 She eats more than any child I know. She is constantly opening the cupboard, and bringing food to me. Or bringing me a clean, empty plate as a rather obvious hint. Unfortunately, she eats like 3 bites, spreads the rest around, drops it all on the floor, then YELLS for me to get her down. And now she's covered in whatever she just "ate". This happens 72 times a day.


She thinks Ruby is AWESOME. She mostly will comply and listen to Ruby, but to say that she hasn't bitten Ruby in anger a handful of times would be a lie. It's hilariously naughty. Nora has always been so much harder to not smile while disciplining her because she is SO ornery/stinker-y and makes THE MOST frustrated faces that you can't help but laugh. 

She despises having her teeth brushed.
She loves going ni-night.
She loves having a jacket put on her. Like wrapping around the back and putting one arm in a hole at a time is just very cool to her.
She prefers sitting on Kevin's lap at dinner every night.
She says "please" like "ma-ma"
She's speaking LOTS of passionate Nora-lect that only she can understand.
She likes to accidentally rip library book pages.
You can get her to stop crying INSTANTLY if you say "do you want a snack?". Her face lights up and she starts giggling and cheering.



Nora, you are the most beautiful baby.
I love that you have stretched me SO MUCH that I've been forced to grow up and learn a lot and change.
I love that you are short and a little squatty for your age.
I stinkin love your personality.
I love that you are the sweetest cuddler I know. You'll cuddle forever with us.
I love how you lift your arms up and pump them when you run/walk fast.
I love how tough you are and how quickly you get over stuff.
I love that the theme music to Coach makes you SO HAPPY.
I love that you ask "I wanna dance!" and point to the radio and get DOWN.
I love your deep, fast, hearty laugh.
I love your mouth and your eyes and your nose.
I love that the tireder you are, the sweeter you are. If you have to skip a nap, you don't have meltdowns!
I love that you tuck baby dolls into your arm and go about your business.
I love that you love babies and say "awww" and can't keep your hands or eyes off of them.
I love that when a picture is taken of you, you run over to look at it to make sure you looked good in it. At 21 months.
I love that when I lay you in your crib, you lay on your back and excitedly await me laying the blanket PERFECTLY over you, up to your chest. You coyly tuck your chin into your shoulder and I put my hand on your cheek and say goodnight and you say it right back without any words.

I love it all, Nora. I love YOU.

love, mama

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

this child......oh this child! She absolutely cracks me up!! And you've captured her essence so well. She is you to a "T" when you were little. Spirit, spunk, sass, tenderness. Great things are ahead for her!

jessica kiehn said...

Thanks momma- that means a lot coming from you!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

nora truth




NORA GIRL YOU CRACK ME UP. Ain't nobody like Nora Truth.
You have an uncanny ability to drive me mad one second, then melt into a puddle of mushy love the next. How do you do that??


very seriously putting on lip balm like mom

She is tough, she is determined, she does not care what you think of her.



I guess when you name someone "truth"....she gon' tell it like it is.

she insists on wearing panties outside her diaper these days

 She eats more than any child I know. She is constantly opening the cupboard, and bringing food to me. Or bringing me a clean, empty plate as a rather obvious hint. Unfortunately, she eats like 3 bites, spreads the rest around, drops it all on the floor, then YELLS for me to get her down. And now she's covered in whatever she just "ate". This happens 72 times a day.


She thinks Ruby is AWESOME. She mostly will comply and listen to Ruby, but to say that she hasn't bitten Ruby in anger a handful of times would be a lie. It's hilariously naughty. Nora has always been so much harder to not smile while disciplining her because she is SO ornery/stinker-y and makes THE MOST frustrated faces that you can't help but laugh. 

She despises having her teeth brushed.
She loves going ni-night.
She loves having a jacket put on her. Like wrapping around the back and putting one arm in a hole at a time is just very cool to her.
She prefers sitting on Kevin's lap at dinner every night.
She says "please" like "ma-ma"
She's speaking LOTS of passionate Nora-lect that only she can understand.
She likes to accidentally rip library book pages.
You can get her to stop crying INSTANTLY if you say "do you want a snack?". Her face lights up and she starts giggling and cheering.



Nora, you are the most beautiful baby.
I love that you have stretched me SO MUCH that I've been forced to grow up and learn a lot and change.
I love that you are short and a little squatty for your age.
I stinkin love your personality.
I love that you are the sweetest cuddler I know. You'll cuddle forever with us.
I love how you lift your arms up and pump them when you run/walk fast.
I love how tough you are and how quickly you get over stuff.
I love that the theme music to Coach makes you SO HAPPY.
I love that you ask "I wanna dance!" and point to the radio and get DOWN.
I love your deep, fast, hearty laugh.
I love your mouth and your eyes and your nose.
I love that the tireder you are, the sweeter you are. If you have to skip a nap, you don't have meltdowns!
I love that you tuck baby dolls into your arm and go about your business.
I love that you love babies and say "awww" and can't keep your hands or eyes off of them.
I love that when a picture is taken of you, you run over to look at it to make sure you looked good in it. At 21 months.
I love that when I lay you in your crib, you lay on your back and excitedly await me laying the blanket PERFECTLY over you, up to your chest. You coyly tuck your chin into your shoulder and I put my hand on your cheek and say goodnight and you say it right back without any words.

I love it all, Nora. I love YOU.

love, mama

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

this child......oh this child! She absolutely cracks me up!! And you've captured her essence so well. She is you to a "T" when you were little. Spirit, spunk, sass, tenderness. Great things are ahead for her!

jessica kiehn said...

Thanks momma- that means a lot coming from you!